In order for learning to occur, a student must be present within the learning environment. In order to assist students in having the best possible learning experience Nimbus Christian Education has the following expectations regarding attendance:
- All courses will have software that automatically tracks when and for how long a student logs in.
- In some courses the teacher will have additional methods of tracking attendance. For example:
- Checklists to track when completed assignments are handed in.
- Recordings of video and/or audio conferences.
- As our school does not have a set yearly calendar each student has 12 months from the time they register to complete their entire course. In the event that they do not complete the course within that time frame they will be unenrolled from the course. If the withdrawal occurs after the receipt of the mid-term report card, a withdrawal will be registered on the transcript along with the grade at the time of withdrawal.
- Students who wish to leave a course before completing it must communicate this desire in writing to the school principal or office personnel. Please contact our office regarding refunds and payment of course fees in this case. Email the office at email@example.com
- Until a student has completed a course they are expected to login a minimum of once a week.
- In addition to logging in once a week some courses may require additional forms of attendance. These will be outlined in the introduction to each course. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Regular video or audio conferences with the teacher.
- Synchronous online events via text, audio, or video.
- Face to face events.
Temporary Interruption of Student Attendance Protocol
One of the great advantages of online education is the flexibility that such options provide. With that in mind, we recognize that there are times when a student may not be able to meet the attendance expectations of their course. In order to ensure accurate tracking of attendance a student’s parents shall complete Temporary Hiatus of Student Attendance Protocol Form
. It is strongly preferred that this form be completed before the interruption. However, it is understood that in some emergency situations it may need to be completed after. The student still only has the original 12 months from their initial registration to complete the course. This interruption does not extend that deadline.